Sunday, June 26, 2011

5 Helps to Hearing God

Reading: Habakkuk 2:1-3


"I will stand at my watch...
I will look to see what He will say to me...
Write down the vision 
make it plain on tablets
For the vision awaits an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry." 
Habakkuk 2:3

Five Keys to Hearing God's voice:

Hearing the voice of God is the birthright of the born-again believer.* Like Habakkuk, we can take a posture before God that enables us to hear His voice.

Meet with the Lord regularly in a special place of prayer. "I will stand my watch."
Look for God to speak to you in dreams and visions: "I will watch to see."
Listen for the word of the Lord: "He will say to me." Keep a journal of things that God says: "Write the vision."
Wait for God to bring it to pass: "It will surely come." New Spiritfilled Life Bible

*Hearing God see John 10:27, 28; Acts 2:17; Rev.3:20

No comments: