Saturday, February 17, 2024

Blessed Are

Carl Bloch
Reading: Matthew 5:1-3

As Jesus traveled, teaching, and healing; crowds of people came to Him. He went up on a mountain, sat down, and began to teach them His famous Sermon on the Mount. He started this sermon with what is called the Beatitudes by saying:

"Blessed are...."

What does it mean to be blessed?

It means to be happy. It is the special joy of being saved by Jesus and having God's favor. Blessing describes a life of joy the true children of God experience.
David tells us about the blessings of God in his life:

"I know the Lord is always with me;
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me .
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice..."
Psalm 16 NLT

We can answer God's blessing by singing to Him:

"Let all that I am praise the Lord with my whole heart, 
I will praise His Holy name! 
Let all that I am praise the Lord and 
may I never forget the good things He does for me, 
He forgives all my sins... 
And crowns me with love and tender mercies...
The Lord is like a Father to His children,
tender and compassionate, 
For He knows how weak we are... 
But the love of the Lord remains forever 
with those who fear Him...
Let all that I am praise the Lord"  
Psalm 103 NLT

Be Blessed today, you children of God, happy and joyous 
as you experience His favor and grace.

No comments: