Monday, November 23, 2015

The Servant King is Lord

"Tell the daughter of Zion,
'Behold, your King is coming to you,
Lowly, and sitting on a donkey...'"
 
Matt. 21:5

Today's Reading: Philippians 2:5-11

The people of Jerusalem rejoiced as Jesus, their Messiah, rode down the hill from the mount of Olives. Little did they know that by Friday many of them would be shouting "Crucify Him, crucify Him!" But Jesus knew. This is why He wept over the city as He drew near. He knew they would crucify Him, and that Jerusalem would be destroyed because of their rejection. (See Luke 19:35-44) Paul speaks so eloquently of the lowliness of Jesus in Philippians:

"Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God,
did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
but made Himself of no reputation,
taking the form a a bond servant, 
and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself to the point of death,
even the death of the cross,... "

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and 
given Him the name which is above every name, 
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, 
and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, 
to the glory of God the Father." 
Philippians 2:5-11 NKJ

In ignorance and shame, humanity crucified the Lord of Glory. How could the Israelite's crucify the Messiah they had waited for so long? Would we have done better if we were in their shoes?

What about me and you? What could we glean from this? I don't know about you, but many times I need to step back and I ask myself, "is He really my Lord? Do I completely belong to Him? Do I allow Him place to be Lord over all of my life?" Or am I concerned about my own place in this life? My lifestyle as we say in this day and age..

The Pharisee's had no room to give Jesus place in their lives? They were protecting their own place in their religion and politics. (John 11:47, 48)

Though we humans crucified the Lord, God in His great power raised Him from the dead and highly exalted Him and has given Him the name of all names. There will be a day that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father!!! Hallelujah!

Be blessed today knowing He is Lord, and what He has done for us.

No comments: